Key statistics about Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
• In about 50% of cases, a heart attack is the first sign of CAD.
• More than 1 million diagnostic catheterizations are performed annually in the U.S., costing $16 B/yr.
• At least 40% of catheterizations return a “normal” result, and thus, are unnecessary.
• About 9 million myocardial imaging tests are performed each year in the U.S. at a cost of > $1 billion.
• Roughly 60-70% of imaging tests return a normal result, thus, are also unnecessary.
• TruCAD development in 100 patients indicates 80% accuracy versus clinical standard of 54%.
Our Lead Product
TruCAD is a “liquid angiogram” that senses immune imbalances in blood with great accuracy. TruCAD is the first in a collection of comprehensive RNA-based diagnostics to guide precision care. Cardiovascular disease is the largest healthcare market in the US, especially coronary artery disease (CAD), but it is largely neglected by genomic advances. There are more than 600,000 deaths a year from cardiovascular diseases in the U.S., costing more than $500 billion in total annual expense.
© Rceeh | Dreamstime.com - <a href="https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-images-sextant-image29923769#res17400482">Sextant Photo</a>
True Bearing has diagnostic biomarker panels for cardiovascular disease, appendicitis, and pneumonia/respiratory infections. With unique technology for biomarker discovery, True Bearing can address the enormous market for precision personalized human disease diagnostics and identify new drug targets. These biomarker panels were developed in The Division of Genomic Medicine at The George Washington University by Dr. Tim McCaffrey, in close collaboration with clinical colleagues.
The discovery process used the latest single molecule RNA sequencing techniques,
resulting in tests are that are accurate and cost effective.